Veterinary Behavior Consultations In Birmingham, AL
Is your dog or cat showing signs of depression or unusual aggression? Our veterinarians at Double Oak Mountain Animal Hospital are happy to help address any concerns you might have about your pet’s behavior. In keeping with our commitment to quality patient care, we offer various services including preventive counseling, therapy for behavior problems, and training to ensure your pet is well taken care of.
Our Vets Are Well-Versed In Treating Common Behavioral Concerns
- Separation anxiety – anxiety provoked in a pet by separation or the threat of separation from their owner.
- Cognitive dysfunction – typically seen when a pet ages and cognitive function declines. Common signs of cognitive dysfunction are disorientation, interactions differ, sleep-wake cycle changes, house soiling, anxiety.
- Submissive urination – house soiling, marking, submissive/excitement urination, failure to signal for elimination, failure to go to the litter box.
- Aggression – all types: human-directed, inter-dog, inter-cat aggression.
- Potty training – help your pets get familiar with elimination procedures.
- Hyperactivity – pets display frenetic activity, abnormally short attention spans, and high impulsiveness.
- Compulsive and Repetitive Behaviors – circling, tail chasing, fly snapping, excessive grooming such as feather damaging behavior, etc.
- Senior pet behaviors – sleep issues, disorientation, lack of interaction, stress, etc.